Parks & Recreation
SPRING RUNOFF NOTICE
The Highwood River currently is experiencing spring runoff with fast moving water. Campers and Day Use Visitors are to use caution and stay back from river banks.
Archie and Janet Hogg Park
594200 64 St W. M.D. of Foothills No. 31
OPEN FOR THE 2018 SEASON - May 18 @ 1 pm
Access to the park is from the upper gate until further notice.
Located between High River and Longview, tucked away along the Highwood River on 64 St. W., this park offers rustic family camping with mountain views and an abundance of plant and wildlife.
Spring camping on the upperbench is first come first registered.
Self registration is in effect, $20 per site to include:
- Maximum of two (2) tents per site; or one (1) RV and one (1) tent per site are permitted
- Additional tents $20/tent/night
- Maximum stay is 7 consecutive nights
- Checkout is 1pm
- Picnic benches
- Fire pits
- Vault privies
- Picnic shelter
- Fishing ( ES1 - Opening Day June 16, 2018 2018 Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations )
- No equestrian facilities
- No sites with electrical service
- No cell service
- Fire wood is available on site for purchase from the Campground Caretaker
- Park is open for camping from Spring to September 30
- Day use area open from 7am to 10pm daily.
By reservation only through municipal office. Watch for 2018 updates on availability.
- Pets are welcome, but must be leashed at all times
- Waste and recycling receptacles are provided for use to keep the park clean
- Alcohol is limited to campsites
- Fires are to be contained in provided fire pits
- Fire arms and fireworks and their use are not permitted in the park
- Use of off road vehicles is not permitted in the park
- Quiet Time 11pm to 7am
Contact Information: Tel 403-558-2035 | Email