Parks & Recreation
Archie and Janet Hogg Park - OPEN
ATTENTION: Upper loop closed July 16-19 only
July 16-19 inclusive: the lower loop of the campground is closed for construction to the fire pits and will re-open Friday, July 20. We are adding more fire protection to our fire pits - a sand skirt is being installed around each fire pit.
Upper loop remains open for camping and Day Use remains open 7am to 10pm. Access to the park is through the upper gates.
594200 64 St W. M.D. of Foothills No. 31
Located between High River and Longview, tucked away along the Highwood River on 64 St. W., this park offers rustic family camping with mountain views and an abundance of plant and wildlife.
Camping: Lower Loop Re-opens
Sites on the Lower Loop open June 29, 2018.
(These sites were previously closed to facilitate remediation post floods.)
Camping on the upper and lower loops are first come first registered basis. Self registration is in effect, $20 per site to include:
- Maximum of two (2) tents per site; or one (1) RV and one (1) tent per site are permitted
- Additional tents $20/tent/night
- Maximum stay is 7 consecutive nights
- Checkout is 1pm
- Picnic benches
- Fire pits
- Vault privies
- Picnic shelter
- Fishing ( ES1 - Opening Day June 16, 2018 2018 Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations )
- No equestrian facilities
- No sites with electrical service
- No cell service
- Fire wood is available on site for purchase from the Campground Caretaker
- Park is open for camping from Spring to September 30
- Day use area open from 7am to 10pm daily.
3 Group Areas are now available by reservation ONLY -call the MD Office 403-652-2341.
- Group Camp A: up to 15 sleeping units (RV and/or Tent)
- Group Camp B: up to 8 sleeping units (RV and/or Tent)
- Group Camp C: up to 5 sleeping units (RV and/or Tent)
- Reservation requires $250 fee for first 2 nights + additional nights
- Additional Nights $20/sleeping unit (RV and/or tents) /night
- Reservation Fee is not refundable
- Checkout is 1pm
- Pets are welcome, but must be leashed at all times
- Waste and recycling receptacles are provided for use to keep the park clean
- Alcohol is limited to campsites
- Fires are to be contained in provided fire pits
- Fire arms and fireworks and their use are not permitted in the park
- Use of off road vehicles is not permitted in the park
- Quiet Time 11pm to 7am
Contact Information: Tel 403-558-2035 | Email