Parks & Recreation
Archie and Janet Hogg Park - CLOSED
Due to COVID-19, the park will be closed until further notice.
Check back for updates about the 2020 camping season.
Campers and visitors to the park are reminded to be cautious near the river and along the banks.
For information about Water and River Safety Awareness – click here
Located between High River and Longview, tucked away along the Highwood River on 64 St. W., this park offers rustic family camping with mountain views and an abundance of plant and wildlife.
Camping on the upper and lower loops are first come first registered basis. Self registration is in effect, $20 per site to include:
- Upper loop camping CLOSED
- Lower loop camping CLOSED
- Maximum of two (2) tents per site; or one (1) RV and one (1) tent per site are permitted
- Additional tents $20/tent/night
- Maximum stay is 7 consecutive nights
- Checkout is 1pm
- Picnic benches
- Fire pits
- Vault privies
- Picnic shelter
- Fishing check the regulations for ES1 Opening Day - Alberta Fishing Regulations
- No equestrian facilities
- No sites with electrical service
- No cell service
- Firewood is available on site for purchase from the Campground Caretaker
- Park is open for camping from Spring to September 30
- Day use area open from 7am to 10pm daily.
- Limited water available.
3 Group Areas are now available by reservation ONLY - call the Foothills County Office 403-652-2341 or email.
- Group Camp CLOSED
- Group Camp A: up to 15 sleeping units (RV and/or Tent) $300 fee for first 2 nights
- Group Camp B: up to 8 sleeping units (RV and/or Tent) $250 fee for first 2 nights
- Group Camp C: up to 5 sleeping units (RV and/or Tent) $200 fee for first 2 nights
- Reservation requires fee for first 2 nights + additional nights
- Additional Nights $20/sleeping unit (RV and/or tents) /night
- Long weekends are a minimum of 3 nights (Group Camp Reservation Fee + additional night fee for 3rd night)
- Reservation Fee is not refundable
- Checkout is 1pm
- Pets are welcome, but must be leashed at all times
- Waste and recycling receptacles are provided for use to keep the park clean
- Alcohol is limited to campsites
- Cannabis consumption is not permitted in the park
- Fires are to be contained in provided fire pits
- Firearms and fireworks and their use are not permitted in the park
- Use of off road vehicles is not permitted in the park
- Quiet Time 11pm to 7am
Janet & Archie Hogg Park Contact Information: Email