Utilities and Rights of Way.
One possible condition of subdivision may be the allocation of an area of land for a "Utility Right of Way".
Section 69 of the Land Titles Act provides for Utility Rights of Way. A Utility Right of way is described as an area of land for which the registered owner has granted to the Crown, a Municipality or private corporation a right on, over or under the land for:
- carrying, laying, constructing, maintaining or using conduits, cables, wires, poles or transmission lines,
- laying, constructing, maintaining and operating pipelines for the transmission, transportation or conduct of any substance,
- conveying water,
- drainage, irrigation, flooding or erosion,
- disposing of sewage,
- constructing or maintaining a public work,
- constructing, maintaining and operating a railway, street railway or light rail transit, or
- constructing, maintaining and operating a temporary roadway,