FCSS - Family Community Support Services
Phone: 403-603-6229, Amanda Midgley
The FCSS program is not:
- A Public Health Transportation Grant
- Direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or families
- A duplication of services from other Government Agencies
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a partnership between the Province and Foothills County that develops, coordinates, and provides Foothills residents with a variety of preventive social programs. It enhances the social well being of individuals, families and communities through the provision of funding to non-profit community based programs that meet the requirements of the Provincial FCSS Act and Regulation
Foothills County FCSS is a member of the Provincial FCSS program. For further information on the Provincial FCSS Department, check out the Government of Alberta Family and Community Support Services website.
- 2021 FCSS Funding Application and Report Form
- 2021 FCSS Funding Application and Report Instructions
- FCSS Measures Bank - Provincial Priority Measures
It’s Not Right! is a program that addresses issues of older adult abuse, neglect and self-neglect in communities by engaging bystanders. It teaches citizens of all ages to recognize warning signs of abuse of older adults and to respond safely and supportively. True-to-life scenarios are used to facilitate discussion and to build skills so that participants are able to:
- See it, recognize the warning signs of abuse.
- Name it, by learning how to let your loved one know you are concerned.
- Check it, by asking questions and knowing how to help.
Presentation participants will learn to:
- Recognize the warning signs and risk factors of senior abuse.
- Recognize the role ageism plays in abuse.
- Recognize the impact of abusive behavior.
- Hold supportive and respectful conversations.
- Who to refer to, and where to find help.
Presentation & Workshop - pdf
Book a presentation for your group, school, organization by contacting Amanda Midgley at email@example.com.
Foothills County provides subsidized transportation for medical appointments only, through the existing taxi services and the High River Handibus.
Those companies we have an agreement with are:
High River Handibus 403-601-3472
Alternate Cabs – Okotoks 403-828-8294
Residents utilizing the subsidized transportation must contact the taxi company or handibus closest to their residence.
Residents must have PRIOR approval from Foothills County.
The user must be a senior citizen (65 years or older) or disabled who meet the criteria including: Be a resident of Foothills County and Line 150 of the current Notice of Assessment cannot exceed $27,300/single or $44,335/married in order to be eligible for this program. Residents may use the service ONCE per week (4 times per month maximum) for medically related trips only. Special circumstances MAY be considered, the user must first contact the County office prior to using the taxi service. The County will pay a maximum waiting time of 2 hours based on $30.00 per hour for taxi service or handi-bus. Any waiting time over the 2-hour limit is the payment responsibility of the user.
Please complete and submit the attached REQUEST FORM and include your current Notice of Assessment to Amanda Midgley at the address below. After approval from Foothills County is received, it is then the user’s responsibility to schedule the taxi company or handibus & pay the user fee.
Nominal Fees for Service will be as follows for the return trip as of July 1, 2019
- $10.00 – in the area - doctor, hospital etc.
- $30.00 – out of local area – i.e.: Oilfields to High River/High River to Oilfields
- $40.00 – to Calgary South & return
- $55.00 – to Calgary North & return
For further information and approval please contact:
PO Box 5605
High River, Alberta
Phone: (403) 603-6229
Fax: (403) 652-7880
For further information please contact Amanda Midgley, or call 403-603-6229.