Agricultural Services Board Scholarship
Deadline: August 31, 2021
The Agricultural Service Board will be awarding two $2,500 Scholarships in 2021. Qualified Applicants will not have received any Agricultural Service Board Scholarship from Foothills County (or M.D. of Foothills previously). Applicants will be enrolled in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of Post-Secondary Education in the fields of Agronomy, Animal Science, Ag Business, Agricultural Production, Agricultural Mechanics, or studies intended to effect change on the agricultural landscape. These scholarships will be awarded upon proof of Post-Secondary education enrollment and must be used in the year awarded.
Applicant must be a resident of Foothills County, which includes the hamlets of Blackie, Cayley, Aldersyde, Naphtha, Priddis, Millarville, Heritage Pointe, and Dewinton.
The Applicant’s Field of study must lead to a Degree or Diploma in the programs detailed above, and enrollment must be to a recognized Post-Secondary Institution.
The Scholarship applications must include and will be reviewed based on the following information:
- Proof of enrollment in Post-Secondary education in an acceptable field of study;
- Academic standing (previous year’s university or college transcripts);
- Preference will be given to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students and students attending Canadian institutions;
- Leadership in their community or school;
- Community Involvement;
- Submission of a 500-word essay detailing why you are studying for, and pursuing a career in Agriculture.
- Please include mailing address, email address and phone number on all applications.
Scholarship applications submitted without the above criteria will not be considered.
The 2020 Agricultural Service Board Scholarship recipients were:
- Joshua Leith, Lethbridge College, Agribusiness
- Megan Rawn, University of Saskatchewan, Bachelor of Science, Agribusiness
- The Agricultural Service Board
- Applications must be received no later than 4:00 pm, August 31, 2021.
Written applications including details of the above criteria should be submitted to:
Attention: Agricultural Service Board Secretary
309 Macleod Trail, Box 5605
High River, AB