Dust Control - Spot Treatment Program
Public Works: 403-652-2390, 8 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday
The intent of the dust control spot treatment program is to provide relief from road dust for those residents whose homes are adjacent to gravel roads.
- If you have made a request for Dust Control Spot Treatment within two years of the current year, you will be automatically included on the list. The area will be inspected anually to determine if the spot needs to be re-done.
- New requests may be made between May 1st and July 31st. Contact Public Works at 403-652-2390 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Dead end roads with less that three residences may not apply.
- On roads or sections of roads where the Public Works Department determines that a spot treatment could result in a hazardous road condition, the request may be denied.
- Locations where there are two or more spots, with a gap of no greater than 300 meters between them; Public Works will join them together at the discretion of the Director of Public works or designate, at the municipalities expense.
Following the approval to provide a spot treatment, the municipality shall arrange to apply a 100 metre section of dust control product along the property. This is done typically between May and October.
The Public Works department may be forced to rip up an existing spot treatment if it's determined that it has deteriorated to the point that it is a road hazard. As a result, the resident adjacent to these spot treatments may have to wait until the following year before a new spot treatment can be applied. This is dependent on the time of year a spot treatment is ripped up.
Routine road grading operations can result in the slow degradation of the spot treatment over time where its length may be reduced to less than 100 metres. A new spot treatment will be applied when requested (as per # 1.).