Report a Problem
If you have a problem to report, please call the Aldersyde Public Works Shop at 403-652-2390 or email Public Works
The MD entered into an agreement with TRAVIS MJ in March of 2016, All overdimentional and overweight permits will be issued through this system and the MD's provider is still Roadata. Travis MJ - pdf
Commercial Vehicle Overweight 1-888-830-7623
Over Dimensional Permits contact Road Data directly at www.roadata.com
Road & Bridge Closures
Road Closures: none at present
Bridge Closures: none at present
Calgary Southwest Ring Road Information
For up-to-date information on the Southwest Ring Road, please visit SWCRRproject.com
Spot Treatment Program
- The Dust Control Spot Treatment Program (dust suppressant for rural residents) is scheduled to start in early May and be complete by late fall, where required.
- Major road repairs on the MD Maintainable Road Oil (MRO) surfaces are scheduled to start May 15, 2017 and be complete by late fall
- Chip seal program is subject to funding and Council approval, historically the MD contracts out 30 kilometer per year
- The Re-graveling Program is scheduled to start April 24, 2017 and be complete by late fall
- Pothole patching will get underway as soon as weather is permitting and will be expanded on May 15, 2017
- Crack sealing on paved surfaces is scheduled to start on May 15, 2017 and complete by late May
- Street sweeping of MD paved roads, Hamlets and paved internal subdivisions will begin on April 10th, 2017. This program should be complete the mid-May.
Drainage / Ditches / Culverts
- The Culvert Replacement and Drainage Program is scheduled to start May 15, 2017. This program is priority based and runs into late fall.
Public Works Department
Administrative Office Phone: 403-652-2341
Aldersyde Shop Phone: 403-652-2390
Emergency After Hours Phone: 1-888-808-3722
MD Resource Library lists Bylaws, Policies and Forms - click here.